Building What Works, both the podcast and the online network, represents the culmination of 10 years of entrepreneurship for Tara McMullin. While the path has not been a direct route to where she is now, it is not far from what she had envisioned at the start of the journey.
In this episode of The Pursuit of Purpose, Tara and I discuss
- how her purpose and intentionality guides both business and personal decisions
- how the realization her status and notoriety had moved her away from her true purpose for her business and the changes she made to bring her back to the original vision
- the process she and her team use to make sure decisions are in alignment with the overall purpose
- her view of The What Works podcast as a product rather than a piece of content
- and she challenges us to think about where are we willing to be fully present and what does that mean to us?
With the business, the purpose is upholding transparency and honesty, and just getting smart people to talk about smart things. And that is really what my personal life is about to.Tara McMullin
Tara McMullin is a podcaster, writer, and small business community leader. With over a decade of experience helping thousands of small business owners grow their businesses, she’s on a mission to change the dialogue about what’s really working from hype to candid conversation.
She’s the host of the What Works podcast, a top small business podcast that’s been recommended by Forbes and Entrepreneur, as well as the founder of The What Works Network, a community hub for small business owners. She’s also a bestselling Money & Life instructor on CreativeLive. Her work has been featured on Fast Company, Inc, Daily Worth, and The Huffington Post.
Always pursue your purpose,
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Four Tendencies by Gretchen Rubin
- What Works network and podcast
- The Power in Purpose with Candice Coppola; interview with Rhiannon Bosse
- The August Favorite’s File. Tara’s podcast is among my favorites!