When was the last time a brand experience with a brand excited you? Do you think your brand is exciting your customers? To help you do that, here are three tips to improve the customer experience.
90% of customers believe when it comes to delivering a good customer experience, most brands fail to meet their expectations.Deliver the CX Experience They Expect: Customer Experience Trend Report, Acquia
Our customer’s opinions about their experience with our business can make or break the business. Are they raving fans or raving critics? Customer experience is proactive. Customer service is reactive.
By thinking of the experience as being proactive, it is easier to think of what you can do to create the experience because you know what the process looks like or needs to look like. Service comes when your customers ask you to react to their needs – and while you can predict some of what they may ask for, it is not possible to anticipate all of their needs.
- Know your audience – this is always an important part of marketing strategies but when thinking of it in terms of upping your experience game, you are thinking of your audience and how they respond to your product or service. What can you learn from that then use to create an experience that is seamless and rewarding for your customers?
- Create a retention strategy – When we put our marketing strategies together we often focus on getting new customers. And we forget that it is actually more cost-effective to retain our current customers.
- Review your onboarding process – How easy is it for your customers to be a customer? Remove barriers and anticipate their needs. Joey Coleman offers eight pillars for customer experience in his book Never Lose A Customer Again. These pillars offer many easy tactics to incorporate into the experience model.
In this week’s Pursuit of Purpose, I share more about each of these tips as well as the complete list of eight pillars for experience. Listen today!
Resources referenced in this episode:
- Deliver the CX They Expect: Customer Experience Trend Report by Acquia
- Never Lose a Customer Again by Joey Coleman
- Joey Coleman
- Who’s your target audience?