“Clear is kind. Unclear is unkind.” I shared this quote from Brene Brown recently. And just putting it out into the universe has brought so many examples of this to light.
My dentist experience. The clarity he offered throughout my crown procedure was so kind and curbed my potential anxiety.
Trying to get access to all the materials I need for a program I’m involved in – only to find out I must request each one separately from the online platform instead of all at once (and then waiting for approval for each one for up to three business days). No clarity in that process to make this a kind experience.
Sell the way we buy – a Marketing Book Podcast interview with Douglas Burdett. Just the title tells you it is going to be about bringing clarity to the sales process.
Using jargon when we are speaking with our clients or potential clients. This is not clear to them…. and it is not kind.
My friend James Mayhew finding a hidden service charge when he tried to cancel a hotel room reservation. No clarity there.
Clear is kind. Let’s make it our mantra going forward.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Sell the way you buy, Marketing Book Podcast with Douglas Burdett
- The new rules of leadership with Abby Wambach and Brene Brown, Dare to Lead
- Lung cancer awareness, words, and leadership
If you found yourself shaking your head and saying, “I really need to focus on my brand strategy” or been disappointed by the results of a video, brochure, or social media campaign, let’s talk strategy. Schedule a discovery call with me today. Together we’ll find clarity, consistency, and confidence necessary for your brand to grow and thrive.
How to rate and leave a review for a podcast
- On your iOS mobile device, launch the Apple podcasts app.
- Tap the search tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the Reviews tab, then tap
- Write a Review at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to The Pursuit of Purpose on Stitcher
- Scroll down until you see Write a Review under “load more episodes”
- Write a review or leave a rating