A recent episode of Gary Vee’s brought me to the idea of connecting self-awareness to purpose. His core message was that success comes from being self-aware. And I believe success comes from an understanding of our purpose.
As I listened more closely to this short episode, I realized the definition of being self-aware and purpose are intertwined.
Self-awareness and doing what is right
Another quote that resonated with me was this: Do what feels right to you first before listening to anyone else. This statement and “self-awareness is the key to success” are both about being true to who you are and understanding your purpose.
When we understand who we are and why we do what we do – we are self-aware. Mirriam-Webster defines self-awareness as an awareness of one’s own personality or individuality.
Listen to more about my thoughts regarding Gary Vee’s message and how it relates not only to individuals, but to brands as well.
Amy’s podcast recommendations
It has been a while since I shared what I’m listening to. During segment two of this episode, you’ll hear what’s currently on my playlist. Links to each show are included below.
Celebrating 100 episodes
Hitting 100 episodes is cause for celebration!! And trust me, I am celebrating. But in all honesty, this milestone sort of snuck up on me.
Here are a few stats about the 100 episodes:
- 26 interviews
- 74 solo shows
- Over 2600 produced minutes, which is over 43 hours!!
- Average run time for an individual show is 26 minutes
- Countless hours ecording shows, writing show notes, booking interviews, researching possible guests, doing preliminary calls with prospective guests, posting on my own website as well as Libsyn to distrbitue the show to all the podcast players, creating social media posts, taking courses on podcast production, interviewing, and how to pitch myself as a prospective guest on other shows….
- Not to mention the hours my husband spends each week editing and producing the show
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- The Quickest Way to Win in Life, Gary Vee’s Audio Experience
- The Marketing Book Podcast
- On Brand with Nick Westergaard
- 10% Happier with Dan Harriss
- Dare to Lead and Unlocking Us with Brene Brown
- Freakonomics Radio
- Freakonomics in Medicine
- A Slight Change of Plans
- Hidden Brain
- Masters of Scale
- July Favorites File
- Exclusivity, campaigns, and a status update
- 2021 Podcasts Stats & Facts
If you found yourself shaking your head and saying, “I really need to focus on my brand strategy” or been disappointed by the results of a video, brochure, or social media campaign, let’s talk strategy. Schedule a discovery call with me today. Together we’ll find clarity, consistency, and confidence necessary for your brand to grow and thrive.
How to rate and leave a review for a podcast
- On your iOS mobile device, launch the Apple podcasts app.
- Tap the search tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the Reviews tab, then tap
- Write a Review at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to The Pursuit of Purpose on Stitcher
- Scroll down until you see Write a Review under “load more episodes”
- Write a review or leave a rating