Content marketing strategy is important, now more than ever. Your customers and clients still need you – but maybe in a different way or a different timeframe than before the pandemic.
Creating a content marketing strategy that works can be achieved by asking good questions, getting comfortable with a platform to deliver the content and knowing your audience.
This week’s guest on The Pursuit of Purpose is Michelle Hunter of Michelle Hunter Creative. Like me, Michelle believes now is not the time to be silent in our marketing efforts. We need to be supportive and empathetic to the situation we are all in but we also need to be strategic in how we continue to market our businesses.
Marcus Sheridan shared some stats about his pool business on LinkedIn: 406 qualified sales leads were generated from his website during the first week of April. Think about that… people are researching and making plans for their post-pandemic life. They are doing their research and a content marketing strategy makes sure that you are part of that research.
Communication will never go out of style and you are going to be an effective communicator when you find the vehicle that works for you, not only in terms of consistency but in term of authenticity.Michelle Hunter, Michelle Hunter Creative
Key topics covered include:
- What is content strategy?
- What platform is best for you?
- How to find topics and ideas for your content?
- The importance of consistency, clarity and confidence
- How to connect with your audience?
- The increasing value of a content strategy during uncertain times, like the pandemic
About Michelle Hunter
Michelle Hunter is an experienced content strategist and copywriter with a passion for telling the stories that transform business. Her agency, Michelle Hunter Creative, provides custom marketing strategy and copywriting services for creative entrepreneurs and experienced professionals. To learn more, visit michellehuntercreative.com.
- Website www.michellehuntercreative.com
- FaceBook page: https://www.facebook.com/MichelleHunterCreative
To subscribe to Michelle’s blog, visit https://michellehuntercreative.com/creating-profitability/ to download her free guide and sign up to receive posts regularly via email.
Other resources mentioned:
- They Ask, You Answer by Marcus Sheridan
- Know when to pivot, The Pursuit of Purpose
- Brand strategy: do you have one?
- Marketing in Minutes
How to rate and leave a review for a podcast
- On your iOS mobile device, launch the Apple podcasts app.
- Tap the search tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the Reviews tab, then tap
- Write a Review at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to The Pursuit of Purpose on Stitcher
- Scroll down until you see Write a Review under “load more episodes”
- Write a review or leave a rating