Do your messages leave your audience empowered to take action? The call to action in a marketing message should give them a sense of empowerment, a feeling of confidence that the action they are about to take is the right one.
In the final episode of the encore presentation of the Marketing to educate, engage, and empower, I talk about the value of a clear call to action and empowering your audience to take action.
Empowered action is rooted in confidence
Empowerment is created by building confidence in your ability to respond. It is your call to action. This is what we want our marketing tactics to do. Whether it is messaging for a specific tactic or building the overarching image of your brand, you want your audience to be confident in their decision to build a relationship with you and your brand.
“Buy now” is not enough
To successfully empower your audience, your marketing efforts to educate and engage must be clear, concise, and moving the audience to take action. You cannot expect a call to action statement to work if the foundations of your message or the details that persuade them to take action are absent.
Begin with the end in mind
Do you want your audience to download a worksheet? Schedule an appointment? Come into your store? Join a group? Or is it something bigger – hire you for a significant piece of work or strategy? Whatever the reason, you are empowering them to take action in a way that feels right to them, they are confident in doing and solves a problem they face.
Whether it is an interim step, meant to move them towards the bigger action; or the big leap to working with you in a more meaningful way, your call to action must be clear and concise. Your audience needs to know what to do next. If it is not clear, they will move on to the next opportunity to solve their problem.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- 50 call to action examples (and how to write the perfect CTA)
- Hook, line and sinker: 7 steps for a killer call-to-action
- Words the change minds, Shelle Rose Charvet
- Episode 93: Educate, engage and empower through marketing
- Episode 94: How well are you educating your audience?
- Episode 95: Engage your audience in a conversation
If you found yourself shaking your head and saying, “I really need to focus on my brand strategy” or been disappointed by the results of a video, brochure, or social media campaign, let’s talk strategy. Schedule a discovery call with me today. Together we’ll find clarity, consistency, and confidence necessary for your brand to grow and thrive.
How to rate and leave a review for a podcast
- On your iOS mobile device, launch the Apple podcasts app.
- Tap the search tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the Reviews tab, then tap
- Write a Review at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to The Pursuit of Purpose on Stitcher
- Scroll down until you see Write a Review under “load more episodes”
- Write a review or leave a rating