Are you engaging your audience in a conversation? Your marketing message should engage your audience in way that makes them want to know more and take the next step – working with you.
Engagement is not just about likes and shares
Social media has changed the definition of engagement in marketing circles. The number of likes, shares and comments is one aspect of engagement but I don’t believe it is the most important aspect.
Once you have the five W’s and how mapped out, you need to create interest in those points. And to do that, you need to embellish the details. Write using words that bring your audience into the conversation, entices them to learn more and want to have a dialog with you. These “conversations” happen whether you are actively part of it or not.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Building a Story Brand by Donald Miller
- Episode 44: Marketing to educate, engage and empower
- Episode 45: Bringing education to your marketing strategies
- Episode 93: Educate, engage, and empower through marketing
- Episode 94: How well are you educating your audience?