The goal of marketing is to educate, engage, and empower the people you want to reach. I encourage you to use those three words as a checkpoint for the effectiveness of your efforts.
Each is a layer needed to achieve a goal. Educate is the backbone. Engage is the mind. And empower is the movement directed by the brain and allowed through the backbone. Each layer adds to the impact.
Make sure you’ve covered the who, what, why, where, how and when you need to communicate in your efforts. You need your audience to understand these fundamentals so they understand your relevance to them.
Create a dialog. Encourage and entice your audience to learn more about you and your services. Engage them by being where they are – whether that is social media, point of sale, or in their ears via a podcast or within sight through video.
Take action. Through the efforts of educating and engagement, your audience is empowered to take action – the action that is right for them at the time they need you most.
Marketing is a process of maintaining relevance in people’s lives before they are ready, willing, and able to buy what you are selling, or if you are a service, to hire you. Meaning, you are there when they have the financial means, they trust you and have an actual demand for your product or service.Josh Hoffman, social media and content marketing consultant, on Entrepreneur on Fire podcast
Marketing to educate, engage, and empower should be a goal for your marketing strategies. This formula is relevant whether you are developing an image campaign or a targeted message for a specific event or service.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Use education to improve your marketing strategy
- Educate. Engage. Empower. Keys to a marketing strategy
- Entrepreneur on Fire podcast with guest Josh Hoffman
How to rate and leave a review for a podcast
- On your iOS mobile device, launch the Apple podcasts app.
- Tap the search tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the Reviews tab, then tap
- Write a Review at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to The Pursuit of Purpose on Stitcher
- Scroll down until you see Write a Review under “load more episodes”
- Write a review or leave a rating