Financial anxiety. At some point in our lives, we’ve all faced it. And with the uncertainty of the pandemic happening around the world, many of us are probably living with it currently.
This is where someone like Lindsay Bryan-Podvin can be helpful. Lindsay is a financial therapist.
As we discussed the role of purpose in our money relationship, Lindsay points out that in order to achieve our purpose we need to have money – and that money is necessary for most things in our lives. Money belongs in a neutral space.
- Our money story starts when we are first introduced to money.
- Solving for the symptom is not enough to shed the anxiety associated with money
- Having regular conversations about money will make having conversations easier. And it will help us avoid “door knob” moments – those bombshells ideas or topics that are shared as you are wrapping up the conversation and walking out the door
- Practice financial self-care by making sure you have enough money to support yourself while also making financial decisions that align with your values and support your local community
- Our relationship with money gets more complicated by emotion, mindset, and psychology
About Lindsay Bryan-Podvin
Lindsay is a bi-racial financial therapist, author and speaker. As the first financial therapist in Michigan, she combines financial literacy with the emotional and psychological side of money. Seeing an a gap in the way financial stressors were treated, she paved the way to help people look at the intersection of their mental and emotional wellness and their money. She’s passionate about helping couples and individuals learn how to get their mind and money in balance in a shame-free way.
Lindsay has been featured in NextAdvisor, Acorns, Clever Girl Finance, NPR’s Marketplace and more.
To learn more about Lindsay:
- Mind Money Balance podcast
- Mind Mondy Balance on Apple
- The Financial Anxiety Solution (Amazon link – not an affiliate link)
- Access a free training after sharing proof of purchase of Lindsay’s book
Become an Advisory member of the Brand Confidence Mastermind!
As part of the Brand Confidence Mastermind, you’ll focus on creating an understanding of your brand, your audience, the services you provide, and the experiences your clients have with your business.
Whether you are a start-up, a business focused on growth, or a manager with marketing in your assigned duties, this Mastermind is designed to bring you clarity, consistency and confidence in the work you are doing to build, nurture, and protect the valuable asset your brand represents to your business. You will feel such a deep connection and ownership in the brand you represent that you’ll think at a critical level how the decision you make today will impact the reputation of the brand tomorrow, next week, and next year.
As an Advisory member, you’ll help shape the format of the program and guide the focused discussions. In return, you’ll receive a discounted membership rate. Set up a discovery call and we’ll discuss if the Mastermind is right for you.
How to rate and leave a review for a podcast
- On your iOS mobile device, launch the Apple podcasts app.
- Tap the search tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the Reviews tab, then tap
- Write a Review at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to The Pursuit of Purpose on Stitcher
- Scroll down until you see Write a Review under “load more episodes”
- Write a review or leave a rating