Do you aspire to be a thought leader in your industry? My guest Carol Cox helps women create a signature talk to put them on the path to thought leadership.
Being a thought leader is about inspiring your audience to dream with you – helping them see your vision of the world and benefit from this newly imagined version of reality. Carol and her team at Speaking Your Brand help women turn their personal stories into inspirational talks.
During our conversation, we discuss:
- the importance of sharing your personal story and being vulnerable
- the difference between an expert, an influencer and a though leader
- why women tend to stay quiet or in the shadows rather than stepping into their strength
- how consistent branded content contributes to becoming a recognized thought leader
About Carol Cox
Carol Cox is the founder of Speaking Your Brand®, a coaching and training company that helps high-performing, purpose-driven women entrepreneurs and professionals create their signature talks and thought leadership platforms. Carol is the host of the weekly 5-star rated Speaking Your Brand® podcast and during election seasons serves as a Democratic political analyst on TV news. Carol was named as one of Orlando’s Women of the Year in 2021 and has been featured in Forbes. Through her company and content, her mission is to empower more women to find and use their voice, to tell the stories that need to be told, and to activate ideas for change.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Follow Carol on:
- Speaking Your Brand podcast
- Complimentary workbook download from Carol
- Are you an influencer, expert or thought leader? Speaking Your Brand podcast episode
- The Pursuit of Purpose archive