Unlearning. As professionals, and as humans, we have habits, thoughts, and routines that would serve us better if we’d unlearn them. What holds us back from being confident in sales conversations? Why do we hesitate when it comes to launching a new product or service? Do we compare ourselves, our skills, our success to others?
Risk aversion. Compare & despair. Imposter syndrome. Scarcity mindset.
We’ve all heard of these things as potential roadblocks on the path to success. My guest this week, Cachet Bird Prescott, and I discuss how the act of unlearning can have a significant impact on our ability to achieve our goals and reach the level of success we strive for but our own habits and mindset get in our way. This conversation is a perfect companion to the ‘what if’ discussion I shared last week.
Opportunity lies on the other side of ‘what if’ – and often it is the act of unlearning that will get us to the other side.
About Cachet Bird Prescott
Cachet Prescott is in the business of thinking! A social scientist by training and a creative and strategic thinker by nature, she thrives on helping others think, focus and plan to ultimately do amazing things in business, career and life. As a psychology-driven, business mindset coach and strategist, Cachet works with individuals, entrepreneurs, leaders and organizations to seamlessly bridge the gap between stagnation and clear, bold action. Her podcast, All Things (Un)learned, focuses on using unlearning as a powerful tool for personal growth and transformation, and she shares the inspiring unlearning journeys of people from all walks of life.
How to connect with Cachet Bird Prescott
- All Things (Un)learned podcast
- Shift Matters, LLC
- All Things (Un)learned Facebook page
How to rate and leave a review for a podcast
- On your iOS mobile device, launch the Apple podcasts app.
- Tap the search tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the Reviews tab, then tap Write a Review at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to The Pursuit of Purpose on Stitcher
- Scroll down until you see Write a Review under “load more episodes”
- Write a review or leave a rating