Aligning purpose and work can have a tremendous impact on your job satisfaction, performance and overall well-being. And these three results are good for business.
As a business owner, it is important to have satisfied and high-performing team members. Employee satisfaction and performance can be enhanced through professional development opportunities, which include helping the person grow as an individual, as well as their craft.
Episode 26 of The Pursuit of Purpose focuses on the benefits of attending our retreat and finding your why on January 23, 2020. Tickets and more information can be found here.
4 benefits of professional development
- A stronger connection to the ‘why’ of your business and how they contribute and support those efforts
- Increased passion for their work ignited by the opportunities and potential learned from the courses or development
- Establish new goals to achieve the newly recognized opportunities
- Stronger connection with leadership that comes from the alignment of goals and purpose
Invest in your employees as individuals
Lack of engagement. Increased absenteeism. Change in attitude. These could all be signs that the work and purpose of an individual team member are out of alignment. Encourage professional and personal development such as The Pursuit of Purpose Retreat or individual coaching.
Each of us as a unique purpose to fulfill in our lives. Recognizing and articulating it can be challenging. But there are some definite benefits to finding and understanding your purpose. And each will make you a better person and team member at work.
4 benefits to knowing your purpose
- Focus and clarity are enhanced once a clear purpose is defined
- Life becomes more fun
- Passion for work and other priorities is enhanced
- A sense of being part of something bigger than one’s self is found
The Pursuit of Purpose Retreat
Austin Marketing is hosting The Pursuit of Purpose Retreat on January 23, 2020 at The Iowa Writer’s House in Iowa City. If you or one of your employees who could benefit from the clarity that comes with knowing purpose, this retreat is what you are looking for. It represents an opportunity for personal growth and leadership development that will extend beyond business into all aspects of life.
Tickets are limited to 14 attendees and are on sale now.
Resources mentioned in this episode.
- Burnout and Purpose
- The Infinite Game and Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- 4 benefits of aligning your purpose and work
- Aligning goals with your purpose by Jack Canfield
- Importance of aligning your career with your core values
- Employee purpose improves career development
- How to align your personal goals with professional goals to excel at work
- Why culture and purpose must align in the workplace