Your strengths are your stories. And how you tell your stories makes a big difference in how the story is received.
In this episode of The Pursuit of Purpose, I talk with Sarah Elkins about how bringing context and understanding to your storytelling creates shifts for both you, as the storyteller, and the audience.
My key takeaways from the conversation are:
- how context changes the impact of our stories
- learn to maximize our strengths in communications
- the power of story in creating credibility and trust
- know your audience and the circumstances
When you look at your top 5, 6, 7 strengths, if you aren’t using those in some way almost every day of the week, the you are going to have this underlying dissatisfaction and not necessarily be able to know where its coming from.Sarah Elkins
About Sarah Elkins
Sarah Elkins is a communications coach, keynote speaker, StrengthsFinders coach, author and storyteller. Her work with Elkins Consulting guides teams to create environments that encourage and inspire authentic connections while improving connection at all levels. In addition, Sarah as the founder of the No Longer Virtual conference, a gathering of top LinkedIn personalities, to share knowledge and build in-person relationships. Forbes has called this conference on of the “six can’t miss conferences in 2018.”
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Elkins Consulting
- Your stories don’t define you. How you tell them will. Sarah’s podcast
- No Longer Virtual Conference, March 12 and 13, Chicago, IL
- Sarah Elkins on LinkedIn
- Episode 9: Storytelling is good for business
- Episode 14: Three steps to a killer message with Zach Messler
- Episode 19: Know your strengths with Arica Ohloff
- Episode 22: Burnout and purpose
How to rate and leave a review for a podcast
- On your iOS mobile device, launch the Apple podcasts app.
- Tap the search tab in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Enter the name of the podcast you want to rate or review.
- Tap the Reviews tab, then tap Write a Review at the bottom of the screen.
- Go to The Pursuit of Purpose on Stitcher
- Scroll down until you see Write a Review under “load more episodes”
- Write a review or leave a rating